you know where I'll be - Tennessee

I thought of you all of yesterday.

I thought about what you looked like. I never got to see your dress, but I know you were the most beautiful bride ever. I wonder what your colors were and how your procession looked. I thought about your music and the food and every detail that you planned to make this day the most important one of your life.

I thought about your future life with him. I remember meeting him and sitting on my driveway at night. I hope he's the best man ever and will treat you as you deserve - but I'm pretty sure he will. You wouldn't have married him if he hadn't.

But I mostly think about how brave you are, and how I wish so much that I could be like you. I don't know how you found the delicate balance of courage, love and self-respect, but I am so sincerely proud of you. I don't know if I'll ever find it. I wish I could've been there to celebrate (because that's what weddings are for), but I know I'll see you eventually and we'll recap all the good and bad moments of your day.

I love you. Congratulations.

2 comments:

jawsxtheme said...

marriage is so scary. and this is so sweet. i love you.

~heather said...

Even though you weren't there, it's good to know you were thinking of me.

The wedding was perfect. The honeymoon was awesome, the necessary reprieve between wedding stress and reality.

Sex is good. It's complicated and always evolving and hard work and not nearly as transcendent as I was led to believe it would be. But I'm glad for it, strange and new. And I'm glad as a virgin that I have nothing and no one to compare it to - I think that innocence has been our best defense, along with the ability to laugh at the very many awkward moments.

I'm glad you think there are glints of heroism. Some days I question whether or not it was madness, the right time, the right man, the right path. But there is so much goodness in the face of those doubts.

So much goodness.

Btw, I had a writer's revelation of sorts, so I should be writing more and reading more. just so you know.

Love you.