i'd die if i didn't see you there


And when we can see things clearer
than we think we see them now
Maybe kiss each other sweetly
instead of trying to bite down
Maybe then all this will be better
Maybe then we'll recover


I didn't know that fights could be silent. I always pictured them with yelling, door slamming, even household items smashing into walls. I didn't think the first one would be fought over the phone, curled up in my bed or in my car, sobbing, trying to contemplate any sort of future - let alone tomorrow - with the man I say I love.

But knowing us, I should've guessed that it wouldn't have been a normal fight. There was no yelling. There was no anger. It was the easiest fight to lose because all I had to do is keep my mouth shut, and it was over. Us. No more.

But He made me look at him, he made me speak, and because of that, we have tomorrow. And the next day, and the day after. Maybe even longer.

Monday is seven months. And it means more now, than ever.

3 comments:

Hilary Claire said...

I'm glad you worked it through... talking it out ALWAYS helps ;)

jawsxtheme said...

the first fight is TERRIFYING. especially if you've never done it in a relationship before. jon and i never fought, so the first time mike and i got mad at each other was pretty much the most horrifying experience. it only makes you stronger, though. :) i love you.

~heather said...

getting through fights is soooooo good

and when the next one comes (which I promise will happen) you guys will be a little bit better

sounds like you got yourself a good man.

fight the good fight, love :)