Friday Five

okay, so i know it's not exactly friday any longer.  but today was spent teaching, getting a costume together, and then seeing a movie, so i couldn't exactly fit into the proper time frame...


Friday Five:  
Current Top 5 Favorite People
(in no particular order)

1.  Leigh - Leigh and I met in my African American Performing Arts Experience class (yes, that's a real class).  She correctly identified my Matt Nathanson shirt - can you say love at first sight?  She's really one of the most awesome people I've ever met, and I'm going to be really sad when she's abroad in Amsterdam next semester.

2.  Elie - I feel cheesy putting my best friend slash roommate down on this list, but really, it's pretty impossible for Elie not to be one of my current favorite people.  When you live with someone, you either love them or hate them, and I definitely love Elie.  She basically keeps me sane by letting me vent and then amuses me by one of her own tirades - you have not lived life until you've seen Ferocious Pez in action.  

3.  Adam - Perhaps one of the oddest people I've ever met - this boy carries a stack of index cards and calls it his "hipster PDA."  But he's not a hipster in that "I shit gold and wear my sunglasses 24/7" way, he's much cooler than that.  He loves polaroids and actually showed me how to make a picture frame out of an empty polaroid film container.  We tell each other riddles and are ridiculously snarky to one another.  I call him Jew, it's pretty excellent.

4.  Jason - Yes, my brother.  And though he really doesn't deserve to be on this list since he just told me he's playing a gig instead of flying home to celebrate my 21st birthday with me... I had already planned this list out before he told me that, so if I take him off, I'll have to think of someone else to take his place, and that's stupid.  So.  Yes he's on the list, but in the probation kind of way.

5.  Mrs. Rice - Another Rice to make the list!  But seriously.  She buys me my favorite foods, makes me breakfast every Thursday and doesn't mind me living in her house and leaving my shit all over the place.  It's absolutely incredible how selfless she is and how quickly she adopted me into the family.

3 comments:

kj said...

I like your list and I like the sound of these people. The "probation" comment made me spit tea all over my keyboard, though.

kj said...

Oh yeah-- and holy crap there's a layout all over everything! It looks good! Homemade?

trey said...

I wish it was home made-- but definitely not. I went all fake and stole a template. But it's pretty!

I apologize for your keyboard.