Friday Five

Current Top 5 Activities

1. Use Genius to make playlists. Have you tried this feature? For some reason, I absolutely adore it. Now, I'm a huge mixtape snob and normally would turn my nose up at such a generic device that takes all emotion out of making a mix, but Genius is not half bad at knowing when to stretch the boundaries of similar music styles so I don't get tired of six acoustic guitar songs in a row.

2. Drinking in bars. No, I'm not an alcoholic. I'm hooked on the environment, the company, the good deals on food. Last conversation in a bar, I threw in the word "cartographer." I was pretty proud of myself.

3. Writing in my planner. Either one of them. I just love that feeling of writing in my .05 pens and recording history in my books. This speaks to the greater need of concrete memories and tangible artifacts to prove events and emotions are valid - but this is no place for that deep, after midnight philosophizing. This is just a quick list.

4. Sleeping. This is always a favorite. Lots of pillows, a few stuffed animals, a big bed and numerous blankets... it's excellent. I miss having a person to share said bed with, but my body pillow more or less does the trick.

5. Cleaning my room/Tim. Who ever would've thought I could ever list cleaning as one of my favorite activities? But I've realized I need a clean environment to function, and the current state of my bedroom is absolutely shameful. My dresser has so many teacups filled with jewelry stacked on top of one another, and I sneeze whenever I try to find a necklace. The sad thing is, with so many papers due Monday, I have no time to actually do the cleansweep I would like to. And give up going to IOTA Saturday to do it? Pshaw. I'm not that much of a koniophobic.

1 comments:

L.E. said...

Wow! You posted your friday five... on friday! Who woulda thunk?!