truth is a whisper

I have found my new favorite place at AU.

I stumbled on it last night, when I came over to find Adam in Katzen so we could do Tuesday Tradition.  He was working in 203, and as he was getting his bike, I strolled a few paces down the hallway and peeked into the next open door - 202.

I saw this huge, empty space of window, overlooking the stoplight and crosswalk between American University proper and Katzen.  It was perhaps one of the most amazing things I've seen in a long time - with just the glass, I felt like I was suspended from some incredible height, looking down into the world, hidden from everyone else.

I love this feeling.  I love being invisible, I love just watching the world continue to move while I try and stay as still as possible.  I love listening to the sounds of transportation, I love seeing people walking, I love none of them seeing me.  I love being able to see past myself and realize exactly how small I am in the world.  That my problems, when compared to the magnitude of the world - they're nothing.  So these issues with boys, stress over living arrangements, my ridiculous drive to be the most productive and strongest person I know - it doesn't matter.  

I like taking the time to be so quiet that I get past the noise of my own ego.

1 comments:

kj said...

Your last line is beautiful and fantastic.